The Five Day Weekend

7 09 2009

I think every weekend should be 5 days long!  I have to admit:  being furloughed has its advantages.  Especially when pregnant (read:  less energetic), it’s nice to have extra days off that don’t take up my vacation time!

Thursday, I was full of motivation.  I cleaned up the whole back side of the house.  The laundry room and kitchen are included there.  Ry and I cleared our porch of tubs that needed to go under the house.  And I even got to the downstairs bathroom.  By the end of the day, I could barely walk.  Maybe it was a little too much?

Friday, I decided that I’d take it easy.  I should have been on the phone with Dish Network, SBC, and Verizon, negotiating my bills, but I didn’t get there.  That’ll be on this Friday’s list…  Our landlord came over to fix a leaky sink, replace a broken toilet seat (which is awesome because at 7 months pregnant, it’s hard to sit on 1/3 of a toilet seat), and take away the dining room table and chairs that we no longer use.  Well, the table’s still here, but we talked about it.  If he doesn’t have a place for it, we’ll put it under the house.   Then, we can put our second dryer (which is still in the living room) back there to make room for baby’s crib – IF we don’t move by then…  Ry and I are even contemplating moving our bedroom into the living room and converting our old ~ very tiny ~ bedroom into the TV room.  Hmmm.  Oh, I also had a great conversation with our mortgage loan officer.  It seems we should have no problem qualifying for some assistance from our County.  This is great news.  It more than doubles the list of homes we can look at.  Planning that outing for next weekend!  By the end of this day, I started feeling a sore throat coming on.

Saturday, yep, I’m sick.  Very sore throat, runny nose, headache.  I did, however, spend about an hour and a half outside with my son, gardening.  The weather was perfect; I couldn’t resist.


We got all of our dead, neglected plants unpotted and planted some new bulbs and seeds in their place.   After that, I was pretty much spent.  Thank goodness, the kids went over to my inlaws to spend the night.

Sunday, not feeling any better.  Slept in until after 11:00.  Missed church.  I spent almost the whole day in bed, crocheting my second plastic bag tote and watching NASCAR.


Today, Monday, was a bonus day.  Feel a little better.  Did some online house hunting, hit the grocery store for some needed things, and threw gliders with Malachi.  Trying to mentally prepare for going back to work tomorrow.  This whole week, I’ll be in seminars.  They should be interesting.  I just hope my brain is alert enough to get the $375 worth.

What did you do with YOUR long weekend?




2 responses

8 09 2009

Oh so sorry you are under the weather. I’ll be praying for you to mend up soon. Also, for the house hunting (YEA)!

I went to my grandparents farm. It was fabulous and I enjoyed every single minute of it. I hadn’t seen them in a long time. It did my heart good! 🙂

Have a blessed (and short) work week! 🙂

23 09 2009
Great-Granny Grandma

Hope your feeling better. Any luck with the house hunting?
I love the new bag you made out of plastic bags. I’ve been collecting plastic bags but haven’t gotten around to making a tote yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: